Doula Training for OB Medical Professionals is aimed to reduce the need for unnecessary medical interventions and cesareans by providing hands-on skills for births with or without the use of an epidural. In this two -day, 16 hour in-person course, you can expect to learn about physiological birth and postpartum, how to support patients with an epidural while using birth balls and spinning babies techniques, pain management techniques and use of labor scarf, tips to get your patient delivered faster while encouraging ideal fetal positioning, and ways to work with your patient’s doula at the bed side.
Doula Training for
In order to enroll in our Doula Training Program, you must have one or more of the following:
1. Active License or Certification as a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Midwife, Nurse Practitioner, OBGYN, Birth Assistant, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, OB Surgical Tech
2. OR Currently in School with an Active Preceptorship in one or more of the following roles listed above.
3. Active CPR Certification
4.) Completed Basic OB Medical Terminology
The student must be able to complete all of the following requirements after their in-person training:
1.Must be available 24/7 to support birth and postpartum clients.
2. Support 3 Birth & 3 Postpartum Clients
3. Complete Childbirth Education Class
4. Complete Basic Breastfeeding Course
5. Obtain NRP Certification
6. Complete 3 Book Reports for recommended books.
Nikita has been working in the field of Obstetrics & Gynecology for over 6 years working in hospitals and clinics. She is a Student Midwife in an Active Apprenticeship, Celebrity Doula/CEO of DMV Birth Doulas, Community Advisor at the Maternal Lab for The Harvard T Chan School in Boston, MA.
Chief Program Facilitator
Lashea has been practicing in the area of obstetrical/perinatal nursing for nearly 26 years. Her clinical and educational experience and expertise span labor/delivery, antepartum and mother/baby areas.
2 Day In-Person Training.
Next training date: June 10-11, 2023 – at The University of Baltimore County – 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250